Tutorial for Adv. PSE I
"Public Policy in Open Economies"
(Winter Term 2014)
This website belongs to the tutorial taught in the 2014/2015 winter term and is not being updated anymore. The current tutorial has its own website.
This page will be updated with course materials and news regarding the tutorial. For information about the lecture, please refer to the counterpart of this page on the chair's homepage.
The tutorial is taught by Severin Weingarten.
Downloads for this year's course will be posted here. However, you are welcome to look around last year's files to get an idea of what to expect.
- Thursday, 28 Aug 2014. We will use the first tutorial session and parts of the second one to freshen up your math skills. Please do come, even if you think that you do not need the refresher. We will also talk about a few things that are specific to this course.
- Tuesday, 17 Dec 2014. In Thursday's tutorial we will go through the variations of the basic model in chapters 5.1 and 5.2 of the course. Please bring two printouts of the model-on-one-page Please bring a printout of each model-on-one-page (see below) and a printout of the tutorial questions.
- Tuesday, 03 Mar 2015. We will have a Q&A session on Thursday, March 5, 2-4pm, in SR 207. Please email me your questions or put them into the feedback box below.
- Math Primer
- Chapter 2: Tax Competition
- Chapter 3: Erosion of the Welfare State
- Chapter 5: Ecological Competition
- Chapter 6: Quality Competition
- Chapter 7: Lemon Banking
- Chapter 8: Competition of Competition Rules
Got any feedback regarding the tutorial? Want me to cover a certain topic? Shoot!
- It's anonymous.
- You don't have to be friendly!
- You don't have to be constructive if you don't know how to solve the problem!
- However, please be specific! If you tell me that you didn't understand the model, that's alright. But if you tell me that equation (13) makes no sense to you, it'll be much easier for me to do something about it.