Tutorial for Adv. PSE I
"Public Policy in Open Economies"
(Winter Term 2013)
This website belongs to the tutorial taught in the 2013/2014 winter term and is not being updated anymore. The current tutorial has its own website.
This page will be updated with course materials and news regarding the tutorial. For information about the lecture, please refer to the counterpart of this page on the chair's homepage.
The tutorial is taught by Severin Weingarten.
Downloads for this year's course will be posted here. However, you are welcome to look around last year's files to get an idea of what to expect.
- Monday, 13 Jan 2014. Despite the cancellation of the last session, we will continue with our original plan: Thursday's tutorial will be about chapter 7 and the tuturial on January 30 will be about chapter 8. We will discuss chapter 6 during normal class hours on February 3 or February 6.
- Monday, 28 Nov 2013. I uploaded answers to two questions that were left open during today's tutorial. See below.
- Monday, 14 Oct 2013. We will use the first tutorial session and parts of the second one to freshen up your math skills. Please do come, even if you think that you do not need the refresher. We will also talk about a few things that are specific to this course.
- Math Primer
- Chapter 2: Tax Competition
- Chapter 3: Erosion of the Welfare State
- Chapter 5: Ecological Competition
- Chapter 6: Quality Competition
- Chapter 7: Lemon Banking
- Chapter 8: Competition of Competition Rules
Got any feedback regarding the tutorial? Want me to cover a certain topic? Shoot!
- It's anonymous.
- You don't have to be friendly!
- You don't have to be constructive if you don't know how to solve the problem!
- However, please be specific! If you tell me that you didn't understand the model, that's alright. But if you tell me that equation (13) makes no sense to you, it'll be much easier for me to do something about it.